Last Modified: December 15, 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Usage Information. We collect non-personal statistical information that does not personally identify you. This includes non-personal statistical information about your internet connection, the equipment that you use to access the Platform or our Services, and how you use our Services (including the types of Results you request). We refer to this information as “Usage Information”. This information allows us to optimize the Services to the internet connections and equipment that are used to visit the Platform. We collect Usage Information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through the Platform and interact with our Services. Information collected this way includes: (i) details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Platform; and (ii) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Third-party Service Providers
We may use vendors or other third-parties in order to efficiently provide the Platform and our Services to you (“Service Providers”). Service Providers may include, but are not limited to, those providing credit card processing. Some Service Providers will collect information directly from you. Information collected directly from these Service Providers is governed by their privacy policies. You should view the privacy policies of Service Providers before providing information to them. By using this site, you also accept the terms and conditions of our hosting provider, Squarespace, which can be found at the following URL: https://www.squarespace.com/
WHEN AND HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose Usage Information and aggregated information about our users without restriction. This information cannot be used to personally identify our users. We do not disclose your Personal Information except in the circumstances described here:
- Your Consent: We may share or disclose your Personal Information, with your consent, in connection with our provision of the Services.
- Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with or disclose it to Service Providers in order to provide or maintain the Platform and Services.
- Business Transfers: In the event that Smart Biotiles is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, your Personal Information held by us may be among the assets transferred.
- Enforcement: We may disclose your Personal Information in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- Disclosed when Collected: For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Personal Information.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Email Newsletters from Smart Biotiles: If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Smart Biotiles to notify you of updates related to the Platform and Services, you can opt-out by unsubscribing to such emails.
- Surveys from Smart Biotiles: If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Smart Biotiles to request your participation in surveys to improve our Platform and Services, you can opt-out by unsubscribing to such emails.
Accessing, Correcting and Deleting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. Please note that we may not be able to accommodate a request to change or delete Personal Information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the Personal Information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Platform.
Children Under Age 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any Personal Information on the Platform or through the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the Services. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that Personal Information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.